GREENFIELDS is the ideal “Conservation” mixture. It can be used to provide an excellent ground cover for land in a holding pattern, wildlife cover, erodable slopes, around ponds and ditch banks. It can be left unmowed or cut 2 or 3 times annually. Once established, it requires little or no fertilizer. Intersperse some patches of wildflowers for an enhanced appearance. The combination of durable and persistent grasses with clover produces this symbiotic, long-lived and attractive ground cover, and it is economical too.
The seed mixture is composed of:
- 30% Creeping Red Fescue (Festuca rubra)
- 27% Team Jr Tall Fescue (Festuca ovina)
- 15% Aubisqque Perennial Ryegrass (Lolium perenne)
- 15% Richmond Timothy (Pheleum pratnse)
- 10% Kentucky Bluegrass (Poa pratensia)
- 3% Dutch White Clover (Trifolium repens)